New Benefits for Members Only:
In Partnership with Person Centered Tech -- and Celebratory Partnership Launch Special Offer
IMHCA is thrilled to announce our new partnership with Person Centered Tech
(PCT,) an organization committed to “helping the helpers” through providing training, tools, and consultation around the ethical and effective utilization of tech and provision of telemental health services.
As one of the nation’s top experts on telemental health and digital ethics, IMHCA previously hosted PCT’s founder and director, Roy Huggins, LPC NCC, to present two trainings on HIPAA security compliance and online therapy. Now, through this official partnership with PCT, we’re excited to be able to make the benefits of what PCT offers accessible to all our members: Person Centered Tech is here as your expert support partner with telemental health and HIPAA compliance.
IMHCA members will receive access to free IMHCA members-only CE presentations and open Office Hours sessions, and a 20% discount on PCT’s telemental health CE trainings and the Person Centered Tech Telemental Health Certificate Program. Learn more about the partnership and membership benefits by clicking here. Not an IMHCA member? Join today
Celebratory Partnership Launch Special Offer:
Save an additional $100 off PCT’s full Telemental Health Certificate Program Package
, above and beyond the normal IMHCA membership benefit discount, for a total savings of $140. Special offer available through Friday, October 26th. Get details and register for the limited time partnership launch special by clicking here
Ongoing IMHCA X PCT Partnership Benefits
20% off Person Centered Tech’s Telemental Health Certificate Program
- PCT’s certificate program is a comprehensive, standards-based training that will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform telemental health services competently and confidently
- The 17 CE hour on-demand certificate program covers topics such as texting, email, videoconferencing, online and electronic records, cross-state practice, informed consent and intake issues, understanding telemental health specific clinical issues that arise, working within telemental health systems, reimbursement, international practice, HIPAA compliance, tech selection, using websites in online practice, remote crisis and emergency management and a whole lot more!
- Program includes sample telemental health informed consent documents, session documentation checklists, risk assessment forms.
- Membership is included standard in the telemental health certificate program. It includes a HIPAA security risk analysis tool and a complete suite of HIPAA security policy and procedure templates, 12+ additional in-depth CEs on digital ethics and telemental health, and Office Hours 4 times per month where you can get ongoing guidance on practical applications for tech in your practice and telemental health related concerns.
- Certificate holders obtain a badge that can be added to their website, which links to a page describing the certificate program that is intended to provide potential employers — and others with an interest in finding properly qualified telemental health clinicians — with an indication of who has completed a course of study based on effective telemental health standards including clinical, ethical, legal, and technical considerations.
- The certificate with support program includes 2 special individual coaching service sessions
- Tech Selects: PCT will help you evaluate your current technology solutions and identify and integrate the new requirements needed for providing online therapy.
- TMH: Lights, Camera, Action: Meet with one of our team members to go through a detailed rubric that helps verify that you are ready for both the camera and the telemental health-specific documentation and informed consent needs. Run through the various session types, identifying and resolving any troublespots along the way.
Now through October 26th, PCT is offering a celebratory partnership launch special with an additional discount of $100 on the full Person Centered Tech Telemental Health Certificate Program Package, for a total savings of $140
. Get details and register for the limited time partnership launch special by clicking here
IMHCA members-only Office Hours + CE presentations
- Twice a year, Person Centered Tech will provide a FREE live (via webinar) CE presentation just for IMHCA members and an Office Hours session in which you can ask your specific telemental health, practice tech and digital ethics questions and have Roy and his team answer them
- Join us for the inaugural session on Friday, January 25th from 11am - 1pm Mountain time
- The CE presentation of the first session is titled, "How to Text with Your Clients Session 1: Ethics, Safety & HIPAA Compliance"
IMHCA members will have access to discounted Telemental Health trainings, certification, AND the 2 free CE presentations with a complimentary hour long Q & A on ANY of your telemental health questions. Don't miss out on the benefits of this amazing partnership, become a member today! Join us
Meet Roy Huggins, LPC, the developer of Person Centered Tech. He is based in Portland, OR.
Roy Huggins, LPC NCC, is a counselor in private practice who also directs Person Centered Tech. Roy worked as a professional Web developer for 7 years before changing paths, and makes it his mission to grow clinicians’ understanding of the Internet and other electronic communications mediums for the future of our practices and our professions.
Roy is an adjunct instructor at the Portland State University Counseling program where he teaches Ethics, and is a member of the Zur Institute advisory board. He has acted as a subject matter expert on HIPAA, security and clinical use of technology for Counseling licensure boards and both state and national mental health professional organizations. He has co-authored or authored 2 book chapters, and he routinely consults with mental health colleagues on ethical and practical issues surrounding tech in clinical practice. He served for 5 years on the board of the Oregon Mental Health Counselors Association and then the Oregon Counseling Association as the Technology Committee Chair.
He really likes this stuff.