Membership in the Idaho Mental Health Counselors Association is multidisciplinary and open to professional counselors, counselor educators, counseling students, and other licensed mental health providers recognized by the association who have an interest in the advancement of the mental health counseling profession. IMHCA is a division of the Idaho Counseling Association (ICA) and a State Branch of the American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA).
• Monthly Peer Consultation group facilitated by licensed professional counselors. The ten free CE's per 24 months period are valued at between $170 and $380 at Treasure Valley CE rates. This benefit alone more than pays for the $50 yearly membership fee.
• Affordable NBCC Ethics Training's and/or workshops • Representation at the quarterly IDOPL board meetings.
• Important updates from our national organization, American Mental Health Counselors Association, AMHCA
• Quarterly e newsletters and periodic emails including information on issues relevant to mental health counselors such as training opportunities and legislation and mental health advocacy events.
• Legislative Letter Writing Events
• Listserv available to members for free advertising of office space, job openings, groups, and other services. *
• Free advertising opportunity with our searchable member directory. Profile can include your contact information, picture, bio, and website link for easy client access.
* New listserv use policy (voted into effect 1/18/20): Only IMHCA members can use the IMHCA listserv. Each request to use the listserv must be sent to the board and approved at the next monthly IMHCA Board meeting. If you are calling for research participants, we require the appropriate approval letter before your request can be evaluated.
Please contact IMHCA Membership Chair, Karen Shein with any membership questions.
"IMHCA has been a way for me to connect with other dedicated counselors across the state, stay up to speed on the public policy surrounding professional counselors in Idaho, and contribute to the advancement of the profession". ~Past President, Steve Moody Phd, LPC
"I joined IMHCA to make a difference on a larger scale while being supported by some of the most knowledgeable and passionate counselors in Idaho". ~Past President, Michelle Hopkins LCPC
"Having a supportive group of peers in the counseling community is essential for my own balance and health as I navigate my professional journey; IMHCA is a seamless fit." ~Past Membership Chair, Jamie Van LCPC
"Learning about the mission of AMHCA, and about IMHCA's role in establishing our professional licensure, has inspired me. I want to be a part of sharing pride in our profession in Idaho, of sharing information about the impact of what we are learning about human needs and behavior. And- I am motivated by gratitude for the amazing experiences I have had, and continue to have, being a part of this work." ~Publications Chair, Mari Ellis, NCC, LCPC