Registration Opens November 17th
Online via Zoom.
Attendees eligible to earn 1.5 Free CE's.
A peer consultation group is comprised of clinicians (mental health profession students are welcome too!) who meet to provide feedback and support as they discuss challenging cases, ethical dilemmas, professional issues, and the effects of work on their well-being.
Please bring a condensed, de-identified counseling practice issue to share. Get support and access to the insight and experience of other practitioners. Or, come and just be a part of providing feedback to other providers.
· Free to IMHCA and IDAMFC members
· Non-members are welcome to attend one for free*
· Must be a licensed mental health practitioner or a mental health practitioner-in-training
*A maximum of ten consultation CEs are allowed per 24 month period for license renewal requirements (IDOPL Rule 425.3.e). The ten CEs are valued at between $170 and $380 at Treasure Valley CE rates. This benefit alone more than pays for the $100 for two years of membership dues.
What are the advantages of Peer Consultation Groups?
· Improve clinical skills and effectiveness
· Consult with colleagues about ethical responsibilities
· Reduce malpractice risk by recognizing and addressing thorny clinical situations
· Network with colleagues
· Discover resources
· Receive emotional support
· Increase a sense of community to reduce the risk of burnout
*Peer Consultation requires active participation and is enhanced by additional input and viewpoints. If there are less than 3 participants (not including the facilitator) in attendance, unfortunately, IMHCA will have to cancel the event. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.